Monday, April 21, 2008
This cold weather will be very hard on the packages, especially those that were installed on foundation. I am expecting some losses in the group. There is not much to do other than wait it out. Tuesday (tomorrow) looks like the best day to look at your hives. If you have not already done so, check to be sure the queen has been released. I would not check for eggs. The less disruption the better. Also, I have switched to medicated syrup because nosema is likely in this cold weather. If others are interested, I have an extra bottle ($50) that would make 20 gals. I could sell half a bottle.